Sunday, March 22, 2020

virtual church

My church normally live streams services for those who cannot attend and I've been watching remotely for some time since my surgery.  I went twice before the virus shut things down.  This week, the service was via YouTube and it was actually pretty personal and uplifting even without the crowd.  The staff is keeping regular office hours and urging us to keep the faith and check on others who might need help.  Today's scripture featured Jesus healing the blind man with a mud and spit ball.  Many people believe that when bad things happen God caused it.  I am not one of them.  God is love, as proven through the gift of his son to save us from sin.  We are forgiven.  

Meanwhile, the 'gentral has put toilet paper behind the counter so folks won't stockpile.  Hooray for them!  I keep hand sanitizer in my car now and use it every time I leave a store.  Tennessee is in the top 20 of number of cases per state which seems odd to me.  Last I looked there were 371 confirmed cases which is way below the big three.  I remember watching this whole thing unfold in Wuhan from my hospital bed at Baptist.  Nobody knew at that time it would balloon into a global pandemic.  Kobe Bryant and his daughter were also killed during that time.  My saving grace was watching Kelly and Ryan.  By the time I reached the rehab facility things were beginning to spread and now they are on lockdown.  I pray not to have to go back there.  

Lauren and Reaves have both been sick and of course nobody is doing any traveling so I haven't seen them in two weeks.  Thank goodness for face time!  Her employer will more than likely shut down soon like so many others.  They have changed their hours of operation already.  It is a new way of living for all of us and we must help each other to adapt.  After all, we're in it together.  

Peace and Grace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment