Saturday, March 14, 2020

divine intervention

As I was watching the COVID-19 task force address the nation I got a text in multiple parts from my church.  In short it said that the Bishop has left it to the discretion of each church to choose whether or not to have weekly worship services.  We understand if you are not comfortable in the crowd.  If you are sick stay home and watch remotely.  Now I've been watching livestream during the time I could not get out post-op.  It's almost like being there.  That being said, I'm proud of our church staff for prayerfully going ahead with worship tomorrow.  In these panic stricken hysterical times, we need each other in community.  If I don't make it, it will be because my kids are here not because of the virus scare.

Reaves has turned into quite the little artist and I didn't have much for her to work with so I hit up the 'gentral today for some art supplies.  It was busy, but I didn't notice any panic buying.  Yesterday when I was there a woman checked out in front of me with some items from the clearance bins.  Her total was 67 cents.  Wise woman.  

I'm still waiting to see to whom I owe what when the dust settles over the surgeries.  I did make a payment to the guy in Jackson that I saw over the carotid issue in December.  The one who told me "I don't know why you're here."  Oh boy.  To cover somebody's ass I suppose.  And make you some money!  I know I sound jaded but that's what comes with being a lifelong healthcare provider.  Sometimes I know things that I wish I didn't.

So.  Wash your hands.  Become a hermit if you like.  Watch your events livestream if available.  I really wish the games would go on, even without spectators.  I mean gah.  These are American traditions.  But hey...nobody asked me.  All I can say is just keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment