Sunday, March 8, 2020

big faith

Today's service was all about old Nicodemus and being born again.  His curiosity got him a lesson in how your private faith is well..okay.  But it's only through giving God control of your life that you exhibit big faith that others can see, connect with and want to experience.  Many of us are that way when we don't have conversations about spirituality.  I've always been one to just jump in there and say I believe.  Yet my actions didn't always reflect that.  I had a mean streak back in the day, one that did not forgive easily.  I kept grudges and talked about folks and generally didn't share that I am a child of God.  That changed over the years as I talked with others from "more restrictive" denominations that God is not vengeful unless you piss him off.  Those beliefs have scared generations of people into fear of the Lord and his wrath over you not following the rules.  

My girls came to see me today and we had FUN then ordered some expensive food.  Reaves was already full of chocolate mint ice cream and orange yogurt.  I'm sure she will enjoy that mac and cheese if there's any left!  And then my boyfriends showed up and the rest is history.

Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment