Saturday, March 28, 2020

redbud time

Mine are in bloom and I must say their purple flowers are my favorite spring thing.  There is one in my front yard that I transplanted from the pine grove about ten years ago and it is to die for gorgeous.  Baby ones pop up everywhere out here.  The hostas are coming up now as well.  

Lauren came for a quick visit last night and the plan was for me to call in for Mexican and have her pick it up.  I called all three places and evidently they were overwhelmed with takeout orders (curbside only) and I never was able to get through.  I reckon everybody was craving it for Friday night.  Plan B was Arby's.  

I found out this week that I was issued a new insurance policy that went into effect on 2/1 and I didn't even know it.  Never got cards, just a statement which I assumed was for the policy I already had.  But nooooo....I'm still fighting with the Marketplace over that.  I faxed the last documents that they requested and have a phone call with them scheduled for April 1st.  I did not want a new policy.  The premium for January was paid yet it was termed three days before my emergency surgeries.  According to them a refund has been issued for the premium payment that my brother made.  We were told it had to be paid by January 31st and it was.  This ain't over by a long shot and I may have to lawyer up.  I am piecing together the timeline of things by talking to folks who were around me and advocating for me at that time plus keeping a record of all phone calls with both BC/BS and the marketplace.  My question is this?  Why did they pay for claims made by providers if the policy was not active.  More later as it develops. 

It's unusually warm here with a threat of severe weather.  Typical tornado season weather.  I have been discharged from home health with a promise that I can call them anytime.  That is mighty nice and proof that people are good.  I can't say enough good things about Extendicare of Dyersburg.

I just saw live video of the navy hospital ship that is headed to New York.  They are struggling badly with not only bed capacity but availability of PPE.  Many other places are as well.  This shows how unprepared we were as a country for a pandemic.  

Life goes on.  Babies are born and people die.  Funerals are limited to less than ten people so most aren't having them or are postponing services.  This, to me, is the ultimate in sadness during these times.  There is no closure when a funeral is put on hold.  

Let's all hold hands and pray that this is over sooner rather than later.  Being a "scientist" myself, I have my doubts about the longevity of it.  I don't even think we've seen the peak yet, in spite of attempts to flatten the curve.

Namaste ~


1 comment:

  1. I had a quesdilla off the taco truck that stops by my place on the weekends. Sorry you didn't get any goodies. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete