Thursday, March 19, 2020

surprise!

I visited my FNP this morning for the first time since the big diverticulitis hoorah. She told me how shocked she was to read all those records that kept coming her way and how I looked MUCH better than she expected including the normal lab results.  And yes, we even hugged.  After that I stopped by my friend's law office and of course he wasn't there.  The door was locked with a sign that advised all comers to call the office number for clearance.  My last stop was at the crack store aka Pennington's to get some pansies and rosemary.  I'm dying to get my hands in the dirt.  

I weigh 127 pounds which has not been a thing since I was in my 20s.  Everybody tells me how little I look and I believe it.  Nothing fits anymore as I was 143 before the whole diverticulitis episode.  I guess I'll have to spend my "stimulus" check on new pants.  If it ever comes.  Call me jaded, but I don't believe it until I see it.  Me and another lady in the waiting room had church this morning as we discussed God and healing and every other little thing.  We were on a roll with the spirituality thing and another guy kept talking about how there's no meat to be found at his grocery store.  This is scary stuff folks, and enough to make me determined to have a garden this year.  Country folk will survive.

I miss my girls tremendously.  They both stay sick for reasons I won't mention here.  Reaves is due to have her tonsils out next month if there's no lockdown on elective surgeries which is a real possibility.  That could also affect me and what I have on the horizon.  It's one day at a time now which is not actually a bad way to live.  It is the basis of 12 step programs and we are all learning that it's out of our hands.  

Peace and Grace ^j^


2 comments: