Saturday, March 7, 2020

first time for everything

As with all things political, my first caucus was full of rules.  Due to gender apportionment the chair of my caucus and one of the others were not eligible.  Alrighty then.  We had three in the room because Bloomberg got the 15% that means you must have a caucus.   The next event is at the district level in two weeks.  Two hours five miles away wore me out today.  We shall see!  It was good to be in a room where everybody was on the same page.  A support group, if you will.

My dear friend came to visit and brought me a piece that Kentucky cousin made for her back in the day.  Beautiful stained glass with one piece missing.  That, can be fixed by someone with the knowhow.  We talked about every little thing and promised to stay in touch.  She even suggested I start a Gofundme called "Poopie needs a car".

I passed my neighbor on the way home and he was enjoying his walk in the sun.  This guy has helped me sooooo many times I can't count.  Plus he feeds me and they are good cooks.  Just saying.

We finally have a coronavirus case confirmed in TN but that's probably because we don't get out much.  The potential for spread on college campuses is enormous and also for nursing homes.  I have health insurance through the ACA which has slowly but surely been dismantled by the GOP.  That is not good news for me OR you.  A plan that allows people to keep their job's insurance but provides for the rest of us is ideal.  I'm now one of "the rest of us."  Tennessee, which was hit by one of the most devastating tornadic evens in state history, held a vote the day after on a bill establishing no permit carry.  Let that sink in.  I hear Trump showed up for a photo op but was then whisked away to a golf course.  Could be rumor.

Y'all don't forget to spring forward ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment