Monday, March 16, 2020

supply and demand

Okay folks, this is ridiculous.  I went to my usual store for toilet paper and they were out.  Sooo, I went to the shady 'gentral that has less traffic.  They had some and I bought a four pack.  In front of me were two young women with a buggy full of the same four packs.  WTF?  The hysteria is palpable everywhere you go.  My doggies have a bad habit of following me when I leave the driveway and normally I outrun them but today Ellie was standing in the middle of Samaria Bend as I took off toward town.  When I got back they were nowhere to be found and I went in search of them.  I found 'em running around in the rain and mud off of Samaria Bend and they followed me home.  Critters!  Oscar got his face dipped in mud yesterday so that little romp in the rain cleaned him a bit.  I didn't dare try to clean him up myself.  His little traumatized terrier self has been known to bite.

My neighbors brought supper last night and it was steak again!  Oh my how I love those folks.  I was responding to a messenger post a minute ago and somehow started a live video chat with me looking all serious down at the phone.  I am dangerous with electronics, to say the least.  As for me and mine, I will carry on as usual in these trying times, being sure to stay away from sneezers and coughers.  The number of people infected is actually unknown due to lack of testing capabilities.  Plus HHS was cyberattacked last night.  Lerd.

Y'all play nice and share your toilet paper with those who are without.  Same for food and every other little thing that is in high demand.  It's what Jesus would do ^j^


1 comment: