Sunday, March 15, 2020

social distancing

That has become a buzz phrase for the entire world as we deal with COVID-19.  As I am not much of a traveler, it's not hard for me.  I missed church this morning not because I was afraid to go but because I overslept.  As usual, I watched online as an obviously shaken staff carried on and announced that there would be no service next week.  Only remote.  It was eerie to say the least, yet I understand an overabundance of caution in these times.  We do not know the big picture on this thing, partly because we are not being told.  The lack of testing is a huge problem that won't be solved quickly.  

I'm a gonna' have to do art by myself today because the girls didn't come.  I promise you, there will be pictures of pictures.  It seems surreal that two months ago a bunch of faithful artisans filled the library with their talent.  Nobody sold a thing but it gave a lot of joy to patrons.  I have since called dibs on two pieces of pottery.  I seriously hope she takes checks.  My friends Mamye and Steve brought me a steak from Abe's last night and I ate like it was the last supper.  I cannot tell you when I last had some ribeye.  There's a special place in heaven for friends like that.  Just sayin'

Channeling Bob Marley here  "Don't worry. Be happy!"



No comments:

Post a Comment