Friday, March 27, 2020

bare cupboard

I hate to grocery shop period.  That being said, I will soon be forced to go out amidst the pandemic and buy some because it's been two weeks and I'm running out of snacks, which is usually what I eat.  All the Cheetos are gone....oh my!  I do have a 24 pack of toilet paper but you can't eat that.  Just sayin'.  I made chicken and dressing yesterday with cornbread that was frozen from my graciously donated meals and some chicken I had cooked and and also frozen.  Steady cleaning out the refrigerator and freezer.

I look forward to the daily devotionals that my church is sharing on their Facebook page as well as the weekly worship services online.  This keeps me grounded in the Spirit and in touch with my church family.  

It was bound to happen y'all.  The most favorite pair of reading glasses I've ever had got chewed in half by the famous Ellie.  They were high dollar and the only ones available at Baptist when I asked Delores to go get me some so I could see my phone while hospitalized.  This, of course, was after I was extubated and could talk.  Bless you my dear friend for hanging with me during that tough time.

My trollish friends are still hanging around but have been mostly silent as we wait to see if Mr. No shuts down the stimulus bill.  Many house members are quarantined and the vote should be done remotely unless some asshat insists on the full deal.  He sounds like a real piece of you know what, according to BOTH parties.  

This crisis is far from over.  The fallout will last for decades. It is inspiring to see other countries like China stepping to the plate to help out with ventilator production and such.  My friends at Tencom have begun production of face shields with a 3D printer.  It's time for us all to come together as a global community and help each other.  This not a race or a competition.  It's a worldwide crisis for which nobody was prepared.  

Peace and Grace to you and your mama'n'them ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment