Monday, June 1, 2020

the reckoning

After a lot of thought and deliberation I finally listened to my inner voice.  That voice told me that as much as I want to get it behind me, I am not strong enough for surgery anytime soon because of the fall.  Therefore, we pushed my appointment date ahead to August.  The surgeon's staff is very mindful of my situation and attentive to my needs so I feel safe with that decision.  It is simply a matter of getting back the strength I had prior to the fall.  That was a huge nasty internal bruise and it will take time to heal just like the surgery did.   Patience, dear girl.  

Just like everybody else I'm thinking "what next."  The anarchy with random acts of kindness sprinkled in continues.  An arrest has been made in the arson case of the Nashville courthouse and it was a 25 year old white guy who was easily identified.  This is what is killing us folks.  Hooligans masquerading as legitimate protesters are turning things violent and it is happening all across the country.  Looters and hell raisers are intimidating all of us who want to protest peacefully.  I've seen a lot of good deeds done by police officers during some of these protests and that makes me feel good.  It is only by reaching out in love that peace can be found.  

I haven't been sleeping well and turned in at 5 o'clock yesterday for a long summer's nap until 7:30 this morning.  I feel a bit more rested but there will be some catchup to do on rest while gaining strength in both body and spirit.  It is definitely take care of me time and I can do that now.  

My little garden is looking good so far but you never know with such things.  I'm feeding and watering and there's plenty of sun to help.  I'll be happy if I produce anything...that will be a bonus.  It's just fun planning and executing a project like that.  

Y'all turn your flashlights on.  We need it now more than ever ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment