Friday, June 5, 2020

little miracles

I got a call from an insurance agent yesterday with whom I had made contact early on in the Medicare enrollment process.  Being overly cautious and actually stupid I worked with an internet based company and didn't understand much of what I was doing.  They were nice and polite but debited the first month's premium on the spot.  He hooked me up with something much more affordable and spent a lot of face time explaining all of it.  This is the benefit of having a local advocate.  His office is in the historic Baird Brewer building where my grandmother had a real estate office on the first floor and my Daddy worked USDA from the basement.  I was born there in 1955.  There was an old black guy named Herman who ran the elevator and he used to take me for a spin when I was there with Gaga.  I didn't realize that there was a 3rd story added.  The elevator still works according to Rick.  Only two in the state still operational.  Live and learn.

Shortly after I got home the heavens opened up and watered my garden again.  I really wasn't in the mood to hook up the redneck water hose so that was a blessing as well.  I can't wait for the first squash bloom.

I have no more comment on the state of our union.  Everybody knows what's up and if you are silent by vote and voice, you are complicit in the hot mess that is America.  I saw Trump bragging about the unemployment rate dropping because half those folks went back to work when the COVID is still raging.  That is the reason for the drop in unemployment.  My daughter is one of those who is back on the front line trying to earn a living with a heavy student loan debt and a two year old.  So is my nurse friend Mary Gwyn the nurse/artist/bestie.  Off of furlough.  

Tennessee will be allowing vote by mail for all because of the pandemic.  I say "baby steps" kids and pay it forward.  There are primaries in August so get out there and vote.  Do your homework on state and local candidates.  Don't vote blindly along party lines.  

Lord, I sound like my mama telling y'all what to do.  I am an orator and writer as she was.  If it's on my mind, I write it.  I pray that you are well and peaceful during these times in the desert.  We are all in it together, you know.

Keep the Faith ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment