Sunday, June 7, 2020

family circus

My girls came today and as usual it was a whirlwind.  It's too hot to get outside so I cooked lunch early and we nibbled on it and made to go plates while the laundry was running.  Meanwhile the dogs came in and out about ten times and Reaves ate yogurt, a cheeseburger, a Sonic mint and generally stole my heart.  We can entertain her now for short spans of time until she decides to get busy.  Then it's on.  Her new thing is wanting to "help" with whatever we're doing so I thanked her for washing dishes.  Plus Lauren cleaned the floor while I was at the store.  AND I have leftovers plus a plate for Bubba.  Who's a badass?

So Cristobol is headed for the Gulf Coast and Lorna is right there where the flooding will commence.  We should get rain here for a couple of days when it heads north after landfall.  Depends on which way it turns as to how much.  The wheat is ready and dependent on what the storm does.  Such is the life of a farmer.  

I watched church online today and couldn't hear but I was there in spirit while frying chicken.  My butt still hurts but I'm counting on Meloxicam to kick in at some point.  I got "sprunty", as my Mama called it, and tried to clean up the mess out back so they can mow over it.  There is mature pigweed sticking up over that spot.  I got most of it except for the old water hose and that can wait cuz garbage doesn't run until Thursday.  

The dogs ate well today and are seeking out cold floors and panting.  I am super attentive to keeping them watered in this heat.  And also the tiny garden in a box.  It's looking pretty good if I say so myself..

Peace and Grace to you and yours ^j^

1 comment:

  1. I miss my garden and the chickens. No place at the apartment for 'em. Little town here does let folks have chickens tho, which is nice.
    Sounds like a good day Janie.

    ReplyDelete