Saturday, June 20, 2020

peaceful easy feeling

I have been hesitant to go swimming this year because of the ostomy so I read up on it and felt good about going to my friend's house for a dip this morning.  It is a beautiful pool and I was all alone except for the golfers.  As I floated around with my eyes closed I could feel every muscle in my body relax.  Very soothing.  I let my mind wander to neverland and just soaked up the sun like a turtle...but not for long.  I am super cautious about sun these days and it was my first time out so I only stayed about 30 minutes.  That was all I needed to restore my soul.  

Speaking of golfers, they are currently lined up over at the Dyersburg Municipal course.  I have a very clear view of the second hole and watch the faithful ones from my office window and porch.  They will NEVER find their lost balls in that corn field.  

Daddy has a little marker beside his headstone that originally held a little flag.  Last time I was by there it was gone so while I was at the 'gentral I picked up another one to place there tomorrow on Father's Day.  As a veteran and a patriot he always had a flag flying in the yard and when they wore out he burned them appropriately.  

Last night I fried up some 'taters and onions the old school way from the free produce.  I had forgotten how good they are!  They were a staple in our house when I was growing up along with purple hulls and biscuits or cornbread.  Mama's biscuits are like none other that I've ever had.  

To all you guys who have fathered children or mentored them, Happy Father's Day.  I was very blessed to have not only an actively engaged father but plenty of mentors like my Uncle Jim.  They were as different as night and day but I adored them both.  

Happy weekend to y'all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment