Thursday, June 11, 2020

grace and peace

Today's noon devo was by my good friend Will Clark.  His message was based on the beginning of Romans chapter five.  It speaks to those of us who think that perhaps we can EARN grace by repenting or whatnot.  His message was a heartfelt plea for us to agree to disagree and pass the peace even to those who are hostile toward us.  I have faced that on one or more occasions myself and I normally just walk away and pray for that poor angry damaged soul.  Some things are easily forgiven, others not so much.  Betrayal by a friend is something that cuts like a knife.   

Once upon a time I was at a meeting for a benefit and one of the attendees took offense at an offhand comment I made to one of the others.  Dude proceeded to get all up in my face and shake his finger like I was a little kid and he was still in a position of power.  I kindly asked him to back off and we didn't see each other for months.  

I ran into him one day and we made up and became real friends.  He has been there for me ever since, through thick and thin.  Had we not passed the peace that day, we would not have known each other nearly as well.  We are Christian friends and this guy knows his Bible, just saying.  I flew in a plane with him and his dog and was scared shitless, though it was a great view of flooding.  We worked together briefly on a project and it was a real learning experience for me.  

We do not all agree on everything.  Apples and oranges and all that.  But we can love one another in spite of our differences.  Christ died so that we could be forgiven...that was the deal.  Once he did that, there's no begging for forgiveness.  It's there and free.  

Keep the faith y'all ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment