Wednesday, June 24, 2020

okay, so i lied....

I've been a blogger since 2005 and many times I thought the muse had left me.  Writing daily, or as my fellow blogger Chuck says "consistently" is my therapy.  I never know who reads or how they take it but then again it's more for me.  A journal if you will.  My friend Mary Beth said that I have a certain element of snark that intrigues her.  So...here we go with another day.  

This morning I went to the dermatologist and got a few spots frozen and had a long emotional visit with my PA friend Kim. We worked together for many years in the lab and became fast friends.  We actually spent more time catching up than treating!  She didn't know about my surgery and all that and I didn't know her mother had died.  I had one squamous cell CA lesion removed a few years back so I wanted her to check my whole body.   We laughed and cried and generally caught up with each others' world.  I love it when that happens.

I got an SOS from Mamye who had a flat down the road at Sonic so I stopped to check on her and went to the service station to get her lined up for a service call.  Ironically she had just been there to gas up and get her oil and tires checked.  Somewhere between there and Sonic she ran over something that immediately flattened that new tire.  I tried to cheer her up but I know the feeling when you get caught like that.  I'm sure the car behind me when I let her out thought we were gay because we kissed in the parking lot.  Whatever.

I watched a very long and tension filled video this morning of a Palm Beach county commission meeting where they revised their masking protocol to mandatory because of the staggering rise in cases.  People were pissed to say the least and the guy leading the meeting had to threaten to clear the room more than once.  The vote was unanimous to proceed with the ruling.  Better safe than sorry.

The stupidest theory that I've heard is that the whole COVID thing is a ploy by the media and Democratic party to sabotage Trump's campaign.  I mean what the what?  Talk to the hand.

I was surprised by a up close and personal deer as I was driving  up the lane.  It jumped the ditch and ran ito the corn children and back toward the river.  A deer is always a good totem.  

Y'all be blessed ^j^

1 comment: