Wednesday, June 17, 2020

saggy britches

I have ( not trying ) lost 20 pounds this year due to the surgery.  There is one pair of shorts from last year that will not stay up and I forgot and put them on this morning.  Thus I found myself up in the shady 'gentral with my underwear shining.  Oops.  From there I headed downtown to try and catch the Bargain Vault open because there is a wicker chest in the window that I want for Reaves.  Dude said the owner had it priced as a "set" including a table, rocking chair and several wall pieces.  I was disppointed, to say the least.  He took my name and number and said he would ask the guy if I could buy that piece alone.  I'd love to have the whole set but ummm....$$$

I caught Mary Kate Alford in action down at the Tencom building working on her fabulous mural.  It has been a joy to see that thing come to life and to watch Andy Jayroe's progress on the Forked Deer walking trail.  Young folks making a difference!!

Lily is over there perched on my daddy's Bible that is open to a passage on patience and faith.  I remember in vivid detail laying in that hospital bed, sleep deprived and aggravated and praying the Serenity prayer over and over.  "God help me to accept the things I cannot change."  It brought me peace every time.  That was just when COVID was cranking up in Wuhan and before visitors were restricted in hospitals.  I dodged a bullet on that one because I would have lost my mind without the folks who surrounded me that week or so.  There were Memphis peeps and Dyersburg peeps and probably some I don't even remember.  

Yesterday was the first time I had seen LPT since the day he and Patsye were there while I was extubated.  His comment was "Well, you look a helluva lot better than the last time I saw you!"  No kidding buddy.  

Y'all be happy and healthy and watch out for that virus.  The first wave ain't over yet y'all.  Wear the mask or not, your choice.  As for me, I'm at risk because of age and whatnot and I'm not taking any chances.  I've been snickered at and such but I could care less.  

Grace and peace to you and your mama'n'them ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment