Saturday, June 6, 2020

a peaceful protest

I just watched a live feed from Cookeville TN where there is a large crowd gathered in peaceful protest against police brutality.  At one protest a person was injured by "the other side" so they have become super careful about sticking together.  They are expected a show by several hate groups.  Just in the intro with honks of appreciation in the background some idiot yelled "Go fuck yourself."  Not cool dude.  If you guys get up in there and start some shit, the organizers are not to blame.  The FBI is there and who knows what else.   I am proud of their courage and intentions.  Keep the faith...and thanks to The Tennessee Holler for streaming live.  

My friend Larry is the most avid gardener I know besides Delores.  He has this little space outside the back porch that is a virtual wonderland of nature complete with waterfalls.  We sat and visited in the shady morning and visited with Lily Cat the tiger cut girl.  She got sick and threw up so I was off to home and her to the vet with Larry.  He is also the animal whisperer.  She sat in my lap and tried to find her spot, knowing that I'm a cat person.  Peanut came up to the fence and kept us company.  Long story there.

I've been pretty torn about the whole protest thing, trying to grasp the good times when police and protesters kneel together and whatnot.  Seeing that shit in Buffalo where they knocked down an old man.....a freaking ADVOCATE for peace, and suffered a bleeding head wound from being push down.  I saw it myself.  There's one thing about live stream...you can't alter it.  What's happening is what's really going on and it is a powerful tool for defense in these times.  Change will never happen until we all see how bad it is in real time.  

Y'all enjoy the weekend.  I'm about to enjoy my own person garden of eden out here.  Peace ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment