Monday, June 8, 2020

planning ahead

Not to be morbid or anything, but I just did a pre-arrangement for my funeral.  I'm not planning on dying but hey...you never know what a day will bring.  Lauren is an only child and it would be left for her to deal with and I don't want that.  Even if I'm 80 which is only 15 years away.  Wow...let's not think about that!  Happy thoughts.  I feel some peace having that taken care of.  

Mayberry's crew came and went quickly this morning so I struck out to town to avoid the noise.  It makes me happy to have a pretty yard, ya' know?  Slowly but surely I'm cleaning up what used to be a horrific mess from years of neglect when I was a working single gal.  

I'm wondering out loud if "defunding" the police is such a good idea.  Looks like that would play right into the hands of authoritarians who want to use military.  I will reserve judgement until it all plays out.  The times, they are a changing. 

My friend advised me to stop trying to solve problems and focus on myself.  I'm trying my best to do that because I have no choice.  It's just me out here with the tribe surrounding me virtually.  My reversal will be after September 1 for sure because....Medicare.  I was stuck with monstrous bills from the emergency and y'all all know that story.  Thankfully it is one that I lived to tell.  I used to wonder why I was spared but now I see that my journey may be help others in similar situations to just keep the faith when all seems lost.  

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment