Thursday, June 4, 2020

love loudly

I so enjoy the daily devotionals that FUMC has on FB live.  Today's featured a fellow church member whom I have not met but she did a bang up job focusing on love as in first Corinthians quoting "and the greatest of these is love."  She urged us to love loudly and openly.  I pretty much have adopted that as a way of life.  I will meet you where you are in life and go from there.  One of my favorite sayings is "I love everybody and you're next!"

My doctor's office called to report that on repeat xray there was no fracture BUT.  There's always a but.  There is degenerative arthritis going on down there that will probably be a lifelong thing.  I remember my parents suffering with that and couldn't relate at the time.  Now I can.  I am on a new medicine that will take the place of all the OCT things I've been taking.  I felt so good yesterday after the Tramadol and double dose of steroids only to wake up prior to a thunderstorm almost unable to walk.  It is not avoidable, the old arthur, if you live long enough so I guess it's my time.  I've been told in the past that the cause of my shoulder problems was degnerative arthritis.  We'll just add another spot.  

It gives me hope to see all the folks stepping up and calling Trump out.  Using military force on your people is akin to a dictatorship which is what he wants.  I remember an old aquaintance calling Obama Pajama Mama and referencing Muslims.  At the time I let it slide and he eventually unfriended me because he didn't want to see my demolibtard crap.  Notice I said acquaintance, not friend.  

I heard that there was a peaceful protest locally and that all went well.  That's what it is all about y'all.  Nobody should fear being tear gassed or shot with rubber bullets for marching in unity for change.  Dictators hate that crap.  

I pray for our nation and for our world daily.  For peace and understanding and unity.  Finding common ground is something that any of us can do with any soul who comes across our path.  If we don't agree on politics or religion, that doesn't matter unless you are disrespectful to me.  That's when I shut down and walk away.  

Today was 99 cent chili cheese tot day at Sonic so I stopped by after picking up meds.  I woke up to a monsoon in the making and listened to the storm until it stopped long enough to get out.  One trip a day is all I make so I consolidate errands, ya know.

Love Loudly ~ Kristen B


No comments:

Post a Comment