Wednesday, June 10, 2020

flashback

I talked to Delores yesterday and we were discussing one thing which led to another thing that I did not know.  Patsye and LPT came to see me in the hospital in January as I was being extubated.  They asked them if they would prefer to leave the room but Patsye was intrigued so they stayed.  She described in detail my reaction.  I never even knew they were there.  Small world indeed.  I do remember the nurse asking me if I had ever had one pulled and I nodded no.  There are some things I'm glad not to remember!

Today is payday so I made a run to the 'gentral and have been steady sorting through bills.  I'm feeling better enough that I can focus on the piles and prioritize.  It's not my strongest trait but I'm giving it a good effort.  I have found during the Medicare enrollment process that I jumped the gun on things I was not educated about.  Live and learn.  Talking with an agent face to face helped me there.  

When I was doing the funeral thing with Kay she also explained it all in detail so that I felt comfortable with what was going on.  This makes all the difference in the world.  People want to understand the plans they are making and what to expect.  I had no idea going into an emergent situation earlier this year what I would deal with in the aftermath.  

Today is beautiful and sunny and the birds are singing so that's good enough for me.  I hope that wherever you are there is sunshine in your heart if not outside ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment