Thursday, May 14, 2020

what to expect

When I first had emergency surgery in January I woke up with an ileocolostomy.  It was a real challenge for home health and for me to find a bag that didn't leak.  At that time reversal seemed a long way out but now I find myself looking at said surgery in a month or two.  I have a friend who is undergoing that procedure as I type so I'll be sure to pick his brain about the experience.  I expect it to be less traumatic because there is no infection this time around but the recovery is about the same.  I will do everything in my power not to go to a rehab facility this go around because well, COVID lockdown.  I expect to have a wound vac again but at least I won't be dealing with the bag at the same time.  I'm trying to look on the sunny side even though I'm a bit scared.  Hopefully there won't be any chanting going on next door this time.  I will also be prepared with popsicles.  

I planted a few things in the raised bed yesterday and got a hose and nozzle at the 'gentral.  The box is right next to the pump so I only needed a short one.  I topped it off with 44 pounds of cow shit so I have about 50 bucks invested in the dirt.  The folks at  the crack store aka Pennington's helped me out yesterday with tomato selection.  Stanley wasn't there but Jeffro knew what they ALL plant which is a super fantastic heirloom.

PT came this morning and I have two more visits.  I still walk slowly but the pain is down to about a 2.  Hey....I'll take it.  And with that, I leave you with happy thoughts like rainbows and unicorns.  The rest is just details.


1 comment: