Saturday, May 16, 2020

the devil made me do it

When I was at Lowe's the other day getting dirt I passed by a display of Gerber daisies which I adore.  They were five bucks each and I was in a hurry so I passed.  I kept thinking about them and went back to get two today, one yellow and one red.  They are sitting patiently on my back porch waiting to be potted.  

I find myself slack jawed much of the time over the stupidity we are witnessing in the form of shutdown protesters carrying guns.  Geez man.  Are you gonna' shoot the virus or something??  I was particularly angered by a reporter's FB live reporting in the midst of a very hostile crowd.  "We don't need your fake news!" they yelled.  Eff you, said another.  I thought they loved the attention, ya' know.  Why else would they be out there parading around.  Go figure.

It seems that Dr. Birx is now the crown princess of all things COVID and she is steady hammering on the CDC.  They deserve some of it but they are a federal agency after all.  So in truth, the feds are responsible for the failures.  Let that soak in.
As Old Hoss would say "and so it goes."  Man do I miss that old coot.

In Tennessee voters can cast their ballots absentee if they are over the age of 60.  I'm just enough of a rebel that I'll probably slap that mask on and go to the polls in person.  Early voting, of course.  I totally don't get the fear of vote by mail.  We do everything else that way why not voting?  But, I digress.

Since Lauren went back to work I miss those three times a week visits to the muddy puddles of my driveway.  But hey...she was ready to go back!  She told me at the beginning of my journey post-op that I was being forced to relax, which is true.  It's a hard lesson to learn for those like me who are constantly thinking and planning.  

My butt is almost well, just as Mary Gwyn predicted, six weeks later.  If you have a lumbarsacral sprain, do not expect it to be easy.  At.All.   In many ways, it was as bad or worse than the surgery because I had nothing for pain.  No wait, I take that back.  At least there wasn't a wound vac!

Hang in there ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment