Sunday, May 24, 2020

meh

That's the way I feel today after waking up dizzy and nauseated.  The girls came and we spent quality time.  She always want to paint but doesn't get it that if you pour it all out it's gone.  Sorry hunny.  Gaga will get you more.  She poured copious amounts all over the pink jeep that Uncle Rick gave her so it's now a multi-colored hippie jeep.  That seems appropriate.

Church for me was online today.  It's humid as heck which means we went straight from spring to summer.  I don't do well with heat,  just saying.  It normally takes weeks for my body to adjust to the humidity and whatnot.  As we say in the South, it's not the heat it's the humidity!  

I'm trying to get used to my new phone and had to text somebody that I had called to find out what my number is.  Duh.  I've got most numbers transferred, the ones that matter anyways.  Since the contacts are stored on the old phone I'm assuming I can access them even after service is terminated.  I am so non tech savvy that Lauren had to put the cases I ordered on our phones.  Anything that only costs 8 bucks has got to be complicated but she figured it out.  Hers has a plexiglass cover but mine got broken in the process.  Oh well.  I'm not as hard on a phone as she is.  That tablet never did appear that rode off on her car a couple of weeks ago so she now has a mini tablet that has to be hot spotted.  Lerd. Whatever did we do without electronics.  Reaves and I rocked and watched Spiderman and all was well with the world for awhile.  Then the fatigue kicked in and she turned toward delerium.  We played ball with my therapy ball for a bit and she's a good pitcher but she catches like a girl.

Will's sermon today was about how Job got tired of all the bad stuff happening and got angry with God.  I certainly know that feeling.  You know like "why do bad things happen to good people."  They just do and it's a part of life.  Each bad thing leaves a scar on the soul that we carry with us to remind us that we don't need much.  In fact we need less.  Whatever we need will come as the spirit moves.  

I believe that with all my heart yet I still get frustrated and impatient....we all do.  Learning to let go and leave room for the spirit to work and realize that "this too shall pass" is a bold statement of faith.  The older we get the greater the losses are.  This pandemic has readjusted a lot of folks' priorities which is a good thing as a result of so much death and destruction.  Why do we need constant reminders of that?  Because we get cocky and proud and think we've got the world on a string.  That's a sure setup for a smack on the wall.

Y'all be sure and remember those who served and died so that we can be free.  And keep the faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment