Sunday, May 10, 2020

a day to remember

I have to say this is the best Mother's Day ever.  Lauren and Reaves came early and we set out to the graveyard with flowers for Mama.  There was even a photo op as she sat on the stone.  It was an odd sort of introduction to their new home, though she knows them both through pictures.  Of course it was packed out there and two cars had the road blocked so we had to maneuver to get out.  It's easy to get lost up in there!

We ate mexicans and she jumped in muddy puddles like a champ until she wore herself out.  I am more able to enjoy their visits now that I'm not in such bad pain.  I can even walk the yard with them to a point.  Baby steps y'all.

I remember my mother fondly.  She seemed so good at everything that she did including cooking, writing, social skills and too many other things to mention.  She taught me the lessons that she had learned through her own life.  And she loved me unconditionally.

This mother's day church service featured a montage of mama pictures of which mine was one.  In that picture she is a high school senior in drape and looking radiant.  That is how I choose to remember her.  There are others who have mothered me in different ways like her friend Annie. She has been like a mother hen since mama passed.

Thanks to all y'all out there who have adopted kids from anotha' mother and spent time teaching and mentoring them.  That's what it's all about ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment