Sunday, May 3, 2020

bigger than life

Well, there's a first time for everything and today was my virgin trip to parking lot for worship.  It is a surreal scene, to say the least....like something out of a movie.  Ushers and staff in masks.  Preaching the word of God from a trailer.  It's like we're all there, now with honking.  MaryBeth said she wanted to hear those honks turned into loud amens.  She asked us all to text her one or two words describing our exile, so to speak.  About 80% of the responses were "lonely."  This is the crisis y'all.  When people are isolated, especially those without social media, they feel removed, if you will, from others.  My mama's friend Annie still calls me once a week just to check in.  She has been the bridge between there and here for me.  

Ellie got my entire order of mexican last night when Doordash left it on the porch.  First she took off with the taco off top and I managed to snag the bag.  After that I proceeded to dig in and dropped the plate upside down on the kitchen floor.  Mine is one of those you would NOT eat off of.  Even before five seconds.  I just left it on the floor and she polished it off.  I really wanted that taco too.

So, we are still in this together...in exile.  Some are acting with proper caution and others are being a fool at government buildings and whatnot.  Get over yourselves people....  While a lot of this is being cast as political, mostly it's not.  It's a world health crisis of epic proportions for which we were poorly prepared.  In the span of time since I had the big surgery it has moved across the globe.  Viruses don't play.  They mutate y'all!

Peace and grace to you and your mama'n'them ^j^

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to have a taco truck stop by my apartment every Friday and Saturday. Had a beef torta Saturday. It was soooooo good.
    Maybe your next try at the taco will feed you and not puppies!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete