Tuesday, May 12, 2020

a stained glass life

Once upon a time that is what I named "my book."  I even wrote a forward and chapter 1 which was right after 9/11.  The craft of making stained glass is one that I learned from my cousin Debbie, as her daddy Jimbo had taught her.  Everybody in the family has a piece or two of their work.  It is tedious work yet very satisfying.  I have one little beginner piece that I made and a larger one that I can't remember the history of.  

I see life as a weaving and layering of things, often mismatched.  I've never been one of those who had to have matching curtains and pillow shams.  They all sleep the same hon.  This is partially because my spiritual side is wide open right now.  I see possibility where there seems to be none.  I have faith when many have given up.  And I believe that peace and compromise are possible.  If we could just quit fighting about the little things.  

We are not out of the woods yet by any means.  Testing has just now become easily available.  Just because you test negative today doesn't mean you won't get it next week.  Wear the masks people.  They may not be comfy or cute but they save lives.  Which reminds me, I need to wash mine.  

I watched the health people testify in the Senate today and of course old Rand Paul who would LOVE to be the next Mitch was a real ass.  That seems to be his MO.

I don't care who you vote for or whether you wear a mask.  If you are an employer?  Do the right thing to keep your customers safe.  I have to give it Lowe's straight up.  Everybody there had on masks and gloves and there was a sneeze guard in the gardening section.  Meanwhile Grecian has opened without the endless hog trough that was their buffet.  Applause!

My tribe has been formed slowly but surely over the years.  I remember who was there for me when times were tough.  And I always try to pay it forward ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment