Saturday, May 2, 2020

liminal space

In our church newsletter this week Mary Beth referenced liminal space which was described by Father Richard Rohr.  It consists of times and places where we find we have left something behind and have not discovered what is coming next.  Who among us does not grasp that concept during the middle of a pandemic?   Actually it applies to any life change or leap of faith when we lose a certain part of self like a job, a marriage, or anything that once was and now isn't.  In such space, "we are not certain or in control."  During the last five years I have found myself facing one loss or change after another.  I try to grieve properly and search for the lessons ahead.  

I am itching to plant some things but not quite there yet with the butt injury.  I can now walk without a cane or walker, very slowly.  I'm three weeks in and feel that it will take the full six weeks that Mary Gwyn mentioned.  Physical therapy is helping a lot.  One of the side effects of all this is raging carpal tunnel syndrome from using my hands to support myself.  If it ain't one thing it's ten.  Soldier on!

Politically, I'm just astonished daily at the underhandeness of some and I understand that it is a bi-partisan thing.  We don't know what to believe because the media spins it all one way or another.  I try to be open minded to all points of view.  Who am I to judge?

It made my soul feel good to see Justin Trudeau ban assault weapons so quickly following a mass shooting.  I mean, it's a no brainer to me but the powers that be in this country are too much in the pockets of the NRA.  

As promised I will give a big high five to Tencom and The Mill Workspace, owned by Chris and Joanna Donaldson.  Located side by side on South Mill these businesses include computer repair, web design and a comfortable space to work with super fast broadband and all the perks like meeting rooms and podcasting.  I first met Chris through his mother Lorna who took me along for the ride as The Mill morphed into something wonderful.  I was hooked on the concept of co-working from day one.  Chris teaches a class called CoStarters which gives budding enterpreneurs a way to start from scratch with a business plan.

Also noteworthy is Sunflower Health owned by Donna Hilliard and located in the Green Village shopping center.  Her store is focused on organic and holistic wellness with other items like soap, essentials oils and food.  Her staff is delightful and well informed and is up there with Pennington Seed and Supply as my "crack" store.  

The girls came yesterday and while Lauren was "working" on the computer Reaves kept wanting her to "hold me!"  She finally settled into my lap on the recliner and leaned into me which doesn't happen often.  It was a golden Gaga moment.  Truth be told, most of my seats are loaded with stuff that needs to be put up like clean clothes.  Moving slowly here.  

I WILL get my groove back ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment