Monday, May 25, 2020

the fallen

Each year many Americans enjoy a three day weekend that ends with Memorial Day.  Land of the free and home of the brave.  Many service men and women have lost their lives in battle to defend our rights and I am thankful for that.  As for the rights, I feel that they are being stripped away incessantly by the current right wing gang led by the notorious Trump who is currently golfing on one of his courses last I heard.  Oh, he might show up without a mask and shake a few hands somewhere but I can guarantee you he has no idea how many people in this country have been sacrificed, not only by war but by the pandemic.  I just saw a video of a pool packed full of partiers in Missouri and I can't believe that people are so foolish.  So much for social distancing. 

Now I know there are many who believe that their rights are being infringed upon by mask wearing and social distancing.  If you don't like it, don't do it but don't whine when you get the big C.  Talk to the hand.  I am curious to see the numbers, if they aren't manipulated, following this weekend and the grand re-opening of tourism.  I have read that some states are combining both positive COVID test results with the antibody test.  Anybody who understands science at all knows that these assays are like apples and oranges.  I went to the 'gentral today and saw not ONE person wearing a mask except for me.

I can hear the mower going outside as Mayberry's guy cuts circles in the grass.   It was kinda' tall due to all the rain but I'm not real picky about it.  As long as it's not too high so that I can't see Mr. Snake, I'm good.  He will probably get the buttercups which are properly dried.  I do love some yard folks who know their flowers.  

Meanwhile, life goes on for those that choose to live it fully one day at a time.  That is much easier said than done and having a grandchild has given me the opportunity to enjoy toddlerhood while not chasing my tail.  She adores her Gaga, BTW.  I admire Lauren's patience with her and feel bad that I didn't have that back in the day with her.  She is a good mama with a strong spirit and precious soul.

I noticed that the fireworks building is cranking up for July 4th.  I expect to be in the hospital around that time so maybe I can watch them from the window.  I've heard that Memphis really shows out with that stuff.

My hair is falling out which is kind of a normal post anesthesia event.  I remember when my mother's did that.  It comes back though.  Note to self:  double up on the collagen.  

Y'all have a good one and be blessed ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment