Friday, May 22, 2020

my strange cat

I noticed some time ago that Lily prefers dog food over cat food so I haven't even bought any of the cat food in a long time.  This morning she woke me up knocking stuff off because we were out of DOG food.  After my PT visit/discharge I went to the shady 'gentral to get some and decided to try the cat variety on her.  She got all excited when she heard the bags ripped open, took a few bites of the kitty variety and returned to the dog food.  That's okay, the dogs will eat either so it's not a waste.

I'm broke as a joke with a week left 'til payday so I'll be foraging in the cabinets and looking for things to eat.  I have lots of canned veggies so there you go.  I may be vegan before all this is over.  And eggs.  Lots of eggs.  Hey...I could live on the deviled variety.

Five years ago the dying in my family commenced at a rapid pace.  I remember that because Alli and teeny baby Charley picked up Pnoler's ashes so they would be there for his funeral.  That was about two weeks after Aunt Nancy passed and I ran over Daddy's foot at the visitation.  Lerd.  Then in August, Daddy himself passed on and after that Mama the next January.  I was still working then and it's all a blur but it was a lot to process all at once.  Thank God for Curry Funeral home and KayKay.

Pnoler's was a different sort of service officiated by two women.  I distinctly remember showing up in my scrubs and Mom and Daddy's caregiver delivering them so we could all be together as a family.  Mama and I surrounded Lauren with our love and arms and she sobbed like a baby.  So did I.  Just because we were no longer married, it hurt.  You don't spend that many years together without remaining attached, especially when you have a child together.  He was a good man and a good father.  As the song says "Pnoler stood."

I can walk now without pain, praise be.  The next hurdle is surgery (again,)  Lauren will be with me during that like she was before.  Everybody thought I was going to die and yet the Lord decided it wasn't my time.  It was complicated and a true emergency that could have been avoided if a certain ER doc had ordered a CT on my initial visit.  But that's water under the bridge.  Perhaps I went through all that to make me tougher.  Who knows.

I'm watching with glee as Trump continues to put nails in his own coffin.  The devil side of me hopes that he gets the virus because of his blatant disregard for the guidance of scientists.  Poor thing didn't want to appear "weak" by wearing a mask at the Ford plant but they ended up making him do it.  With a presidential seal on it, no less.  Lord help us all.

If anybody has some ribs to spare bring me a plate.  I know all y'all are grilling for the holiday weekend.  Be safe and enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. I could fo with a batch of ribs my own self. Dry rub please.

    ReplyDelete