Thursday, May 28, 2020

off the beaten path

I woke up with the butt aches again even after sleeping on the heating pad.  Don't know if I strained it again but the left hip, she is aching.  I forced myself to get out because I was determined not to sit here all day in pain.  First I stopped by the church to get a Pentecost packet and then wandered on over to my cousin Mo's to check out her back yard.  She is like my mother, good at all things creative and an excellent cook.  I guess that comes from being named after her!  When we were talking yesterday I learned about a tidbit in their history that I didn't know.  She remembers sleeping in a tent at a campground when Jimbo was working on his Masters in Piano in Williamsburg.  They camped all the time and the first time I went to Big Springs was with that bunch.  We  walked her yard and stopped to chat about every little growing thing.  It was food for my soul.

I didn't want to go to Kroger but I was out of food so there I went to do the deed.  I was out of yogurt and that's a must have when Reaves is around.  I was astounded at how many empty shelves there are and how the prices have gone up, especially on beef.  A 2 lb pkg of ground chuck that I used to pay eight bucks for is now 20.  This is why I need to become as vegan as possible.  I love to cook but don't do it much because I don't have a dishwasher.  I remember back in the Youth Club days my friend Jimbo pitched a fit because we were washing dishes by hand.  As a doctor he was acutely aware of how things are transmitted.  It's not just about getting them clean, but also sanitary.  Oddly enough, I never questioned it even though I was a healthcare provider by trade.  Now, I do....and very much so.  

Lauren used to work at a little tea room called Southern Sisters and they had quite the business but no dishwasher.  Their solution was to wash first then dip in bleach water in the double sink.  Genius!  Only I don't have a double sink so I just dump it in with the Dawn or presoak with it.  Whatever works.

My old phone number will be history as of next week so if I haven't let you know the new one, holla.  We're all in this together and must stay in touch.  I saw my dear Lake county cuz at the grocery store and she could tell I was having trouble getting around.  I promised to keep them updated on my surgery.

As they say on John Boy and Billy: " Hey big man...lemme' hold a dollar"  Peace out.




No comments:

Post a Comment