Friday, May 15, 2020

the luxury of time

One thing that I have learned in the midst of the pandemic is to live one day at a time, heck even one hour at a time.  I remember the feeling of being constantly frustrated and pushed to be bigger and better in the workplace in spite of burnout.  I do not miss that, especially right now when the situation is grim.  I just watched the testimony of a Mr. Bowen who is a PPE manufacturer and lifelong Republican.  His simple statement was "I'm embarassed by how this has been handled."  "We should be listening to the scientists and doctors."  Yet Dr Fauci and all the others have been silenced from the get go because they dare to present scientific evidence that contradicts the POTUS.  

I got my hair did while socially distancing at Headlines and it was good to be out among the living, especially friends.  Going there is more than just hair....it's a pleasure to be among that crew because they have so much fun.  I told Marla the story about letting Mo cut my bangs when she was 8 years old.  And, I made a new friend in the form of Nina.  

I received a "final notice" from the marketplace wanting income information for 2020 to keep my coverage.  Nobody ever asked for it to begin with.  Anywho, I took my 2019 return to the UPS store and Linda copied and mailed it for me.  The struggle is real, and neverending.  I'm still trying to get into the IRS website to get whatever it is the appeals center wants.  It's kind of like trying to break into Fort Knox.  

I noticed Ellie laying in the raised bed yesterday so I scattered some pine cones up in there as a reason to avoid said dirt.  Hopefully she will get the message.  Right now the plants are all little so it just looks like a soft spot to her.  She and Oscar rotate between the recliner and my bed, with the recliner being the prize spot because it's next to my desk.  They like to chill with mama.

Keep smiling...keep shining ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment