Saturday, May 9, 2020

rise above it

I just finished watching a segment with two of my celebrity boyfriends:  Colbert and Gov Cuomo.  It is always refreshing to hear unbiased reporting and genuine concern for citizens.   When asked about how his father's teachings influenced him during this crisis he replied that we should rise above the divide and become a community with the common good on the forefront.  Don't let people drag you down to their level.  Forgive easily and move on. 

I had planned to go buy dirt for the bed today but I forgot it's Saturday and the always packed Lowe's will be like wallyworld on black Friday.  People don't play when it comes to their landscaping, virus or not.  When I go I will wear a mask and social distance as much as possible.  

I actually cooked dinner last night and was quickly reminded by a sink full of dirty dishes why I don't do it that often.  With no dishwasher, I usually have a new batch ready to go as soon as I get through the backlog.  Paper plates and plastic cutlery are my friends.  

Several years ago my friend's daughter died unexpectedly at a young age.  I was just out of shoulder surgery but showed up at the FH with a garden basket which contained several different plants.  Lorna kept most of the individuals going and gave me the violet to care for.  I've had it for a year and it is now blooming for the first time.  We will call this coming forth with new life plant Hazen.

Y'all be happy and blessed..and nice. Just please be nice ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment