Friday, May 29, 2020

divided we fall

As a child of the flower power generation, I have witnessed a lot of civil unrest.  There have been times when I was ready to take to the streets myself and if I could walk any better, now is one of them.  Our country is ripped wide open and the tension, much of it racial, is being fed by a sitting president.  I was sickened by the murder of George Floyd and stunned by the arrests of the CNN crew covering the riots.  They were given no reason for the arrest....just handcuffed and drug away.  All of this was caught on camera by the crew as one by one they were taken in.  They went peacefully, knowing that they would be released, but why WHY did any of this happen to begin with?

As a nation we have been knocked to our knees by a pandemic only to be met with things so preventable and heinous as this.  The no tolerance mentality of extremists is taking over our culture and our government at an alarming rate.  This is a time when we need to come together not be driven apart.  I watched the response of the governor of Kentucky to protestors hanging an effigy of him right outside the window where he raises his kids.  Thankfully, they weren't there to see it but in this age of instant replay I'm sure they know what's up now.  Once again....why?  What is your point people?  I don't think there really is a point.  It's just an excuse for angry white folks to raise hell about their "rights."  Listen up y'all, from what I've seen the past few days everybody's rights are at stake here.  This is not what the founders of our country had in mind.  

No, this is evil at work....devil in the flesh and soul.  And the only way to combat evil is with good.  Love, forgive and move on.  As for me, I will walk the way of peace.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I fear the Anarchy that seems very close to arriving.

    ReplyDelete