Thursday, October 31, 2019

chill

I don't know if we had a freeze last night or not but it seems a sure bet for tonight.  Since the pecans are already falling I headed to Pennington's this morning to buy some burlap bags in preparation for the harvest.  It didn't seem THAT cold until I got to the cabin and out into the icy wind.  Lerd.  I said a few cursies, picked up a few and decided to wait for warmer weather.  Or at least less wind.  One of my fondest memories is of my Daddy standing over me while I crawled around on the ground outside his house.  It was the last pecan season he lived to see.

I'm assuming the impeachment inquiry is under way.  At this point it is conceivable that we could have a President Pelosi and I know that makes a lot of butts draw up.  I just want the whole mess to be over.  I don't expect it to be an easy transition for this country.  We have three years of mess to clean up before we can even begin to look ahead.  But hey...we will survive.  

Reaves has a unicorn costume but who knows what trick or treat looks like for her.  I remember hauling kids around all over town watching them run door to door.  Folks don't do that so much anymore because it's just not safe.  Sad but true.  Now it's more like take your kid to an event and be done with it which is cool.  If it weren't for FB I wouldn't even know it's Halloween!  We never had trick or treaters out here but we did get a good yard rolling one time thanks to Vicki Autry.  It's considered an honor, you know.  

My trick or treating days were spent in the vicinity of Alice Thurmond Elementary school and the houses on Pate street.  There was a spaghetti supper and costume contest.  I won first place as a bale of cotton but the bad thing was I couldn't sit down because of the box I was covered in.  Must look for picture!  

If you see an old hippie flying by on a broom, wave at me ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment