Monday, October 14, 2019

at the altar

One of the ministries of our church is prayer quilts for the elderly and disabled.  My mother got two of them and they are now at home with Lauren and Reaves.  Yesterday I noticed a couple of them draped over the communion rail.  The little boy behind me wanted to go see them up close.  I told him " come on" let's look.  His father joined us and we explained to this six year old what the quilts are about.  People prayed over them, and I was one of them.  The church family that stuck with my parents until the end is a solid part of my faith and heart. 

I was a slacker this morning and skipped exercise. There was a list a mile long and I got that stuff done including Kroger.  So now I'm here with the dogs listening to JT.  All is well.  I priced heaters at a couple of places today and they are over a hundred bucks, most of them.  What happened to the 30 dolla' oil filled radiator looking things?  I returned the (wrong) bulb for the pump house and bought another one at Tractor Supply.  It's used for chicken houses so it's RED.  I asked the girl what was up with that.  "Something about being easier on the chicken's eyes!"  Lerd.

My neighbor loves to grill and I got some ribs and all the rest delivered by four wheeler at just the right time.  We have each others' backs out here in the boonies.  

Y'all have a marvelous Monday ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment