Saturday, October 26, 2019

monsoon

It's a perfect day to stay put in the house while the rain pours.  The girls are going to wait until tomorrow to come here when it's not flash flooding.  It's been a long time since water stood on the end of the lane but I drove carefully through it for my one trip to the chicken store.  

I watched a video today of the tribute given by Elijah Cummings widow at his funeral.  She got a standing ovation and I cried.  The sweetest part was when Mitch McConnell got snubbed by one of the pallbearers.  Mitch stuck his hand out and dude just passed him right on by.  That's class.  She spoke of the harsh treatment and harassment that her husband endured during the last months of his life.  By, guess who.  

Little by little I'm pulling together stuff for the art show.  There will be a wide range of art on display in January.  The talent amazes me.  At one time I was a very good photographer but I've gotten to where I use my phone all the time and that kind of takes away from the clarity.  The Leica is back in service so I can use that for serious picture taking.  

Turn around....don't drown!


No comments:

Post a Comment