Thursday, October 10, 2019

drunks and idiots

It has been said that the good Lord takes care of both.  On one occasion or another I have been both and by His grace survived to tell it.  I do not drive AT all if I've been drinking.  Even one beer.  As for the idiot part, y'all all know I'm an accident waiting to happen.  I woke up before the sun and decided to knock a few errands off my list which actually turned into three trips.  I had breakfast alone at Dave's and popped in to see Anita 'n'them over at their new place. It's super nice.  She gave me the nickel tour so I saw where we will be early voting soon.  

As previously mentioned my antenna was missing five screws that are essential so I headed to Lowe's to try to find them.  Everything there also, was in inches.  I just bought a pack of various size ones hoping that one size will work plus a heat lamp for the pump house.  Gotta get ready for winter, ya know.  I was assisted by a lovely lady named Valery.  She gets a personal mention on the store survey.  I now have in my hand the title to my car which is a miracle in and of itself.  Had I been involved in a wreck during the past four years, I would have been up shit creek.  

I got home and proceeded to call the pharmacy for refills only.....no phone.  I vaguely remembered laying it down in the bathroom at Lowe's so I headed back up there where some kind soul had found it and turned it in.  "Thank you sweet baby Jesus!" I exclaimed.  The girl got real tickled over that.  I finished up with a trip to the 'gentral since I was out....again.  

Johnny is still at the cabin but I haven't been down today to see what's up.  Siding colors have been chosen and that will be next.  After that it's on hold I reckon.  There is still wiring, plumbing and HVAC to be installed plus floor refinishing.  

My brother used to own a nightclub here in the 'burg which is where I became familiar with Dr. Zarr's Amazing Funkmonster.  They are great entertainment in a disco sort of way. They will be coming back in November and I can't wait to see those boas and sequins.  

Y'all be nice.  And say thank you to people who help.

No comments:

Post a Comment