Monday, October 21, 2019

with the flow

I had my alarm set early for a doctor's appointment.  Right before the thunderstorms hit I got a robo call from the office saying that due to scheduling conflicts I was canceled.  Cool with me.  Only I was already awake soooo....I went to the Y.  And then I ran some errands and came home.  Shortly after that I got a call from a West TN artist named Lowell Tillman wanting to know if we were "still on."  OH crap.  He lives in Nankipoo and was already here so we met at the library.  I was blown away with his talent and ended up buying three of his children's books for Reaves.  Signed, no less.  I do so love me some art.  Lowell is one of several artists who will be displaying at McIver's Grant library during the month of January.  

The weather did a number on the pecan trees but it's too wet to pick.  That's okay because I'm a patient sort of gal.  I have to share this y'all.  We Methodists are known for a lot of liturgy and a smattering of progressive music that we sing on from the big screen along with the old faithfuls.  We know the tune but just can't remember the words.  Yesterday the parish choir did a number that had the whole congregation clapping and smiling along with them.  The pastor plays the tambourine on occasion.  That's what true worship is about.  Swaying with the Lord in praise and adoration.  

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment