Tuesday, October 8, 2019

the cabin

Many of you know that I grew up in a red log cabin on the Calcutt farm.  My Daddy had a lifetime promise of free housing as long as he and or Mom was alive.  Within a month of his death she was in assisted living and the house became eerily quiet even though all the stuff was there.  We had two sales and Damascus got the rest.  Had I not been working at the time, I would have done it myself.  Live and learn. In the years since then I have watched a dream come to life as that house is being improved.  I'm sure my parents are smiling in heaven.  

As luck would have it my antenna was missing 5 vital screws which I will have to go get at Lowe's and find something that can translate from inches to mm.  That may be tough.  Plus, I misplaced the directions.  Gotta search online for that.  I so need a personal keeper.  

I went by the library to visit the lovely Kathryn and see what they have to offer for the January show.  Lots of options.  I am seriously impressed with this library as a whole.  They have rooms for meetings and a ton of valuable services.  More than just books, ya know?

See y'all on the flip side.  ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment