Sunday, May 7, 2017

will work for insurance

That's what most of us are doing truth be told.  Early retirement is 62 and there's not a whole lot of money difference as you get older.  You just can't get the healthcare piece until age 65.  You can also earn about 17K per year while drawing SS.  That's because nobody can afford to live on it!!  I started drawing my pension from Methodist at 55 because I need it.  It's a lifetime annuity and I gave up 400 a month to draw it early but who the hell knows if I'll be here at 65?  I mean seriously.  

The red winged blackbird that perches on the baby pecan tree outside the bathroom window has become my constant totem representing change and moving forward without fear.  Going with the flow, so to speak.  I am so down for that.  

Speaking of which, I have the total solution for healthcare reform right here in my pointy little head.  All the GOP folks are hollering more power to the states so I say hand it over to them to develop a single payer system for their citizens.  Healthcare is the biggest industry in our state so surely we can put paper to pencil on that one and figure something out.  Of course that would cut the bottom line for the for-profits and big pharm.  Do I care?  Not a bit.  

It's a beautiful day in the hood.  Y'all go plant something ~


No comments:

Post a Comment