Saturday, May 20, 2017

out and about

I slept until 930. It was heavenly for sure.  I feel sorry for people who aren't wired to rest for a long time because that's the only thing that keeps me going.  I started with Lowe's where I scored two five dollar ferns because they "have too many."  Hell yes.  I was also on the hunt for LED light bulbs and compost.  I found both and even advised a man to buy the humus rather than topsoil for his planting.  Yep...I'm on fire for gardening!

Next was the pharmacy where I ran into my Bubba and we chatted in the parking lot. " Don't leave your keys in the car" he said.  Smartass!  From there it was downtown to pay off my tires and visit the crack dealer Pennington's where we were all entertained by a man who does amazing card tricks.  My buddy Stanley is sort of my personal shopper there. I ran into the same couple I had seen at Lowe's so I reckon everybody's on a mission.  

As I was headed over the bridges toward the south I passed a figure shrouded in white carrying a "repent" sign.  That's not something you see everyday but then again.....I just drove on past her toward the 'gentral where I found a cute cheap dress and shoes and stood in line for about 15 minutes while the poor manager/cashier multitasked her little heart out while: talking on the phone about deposits, blowing up helium balloons for a baby shower and generally doing a good job at all of it.  There is a new store in RoEllen and her manager is going there plus two of her recent hires. It's not fair but it's the way things go.  

There is a golf tournament going on behind me to benefit Youth Villages which is an annual fundraiser for them.  It's busier than usual over that way obviously.  Local businesses sponsor teams which is a nice way to do things.  Our city course is very very nice considering the size of our town.  

Seize the day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment