Tuesday, May 23, 2017

chicken killers

My neighbor Bev called today wanting to know if I had seen strange dogs around to which I replied no.  A pair of dogs killed two of her chickens and she even saw one headed down the road with the poor bird in his mouth.  This is the very reason that Larry went to a "new " home because he was trying to get to her birds.  It's like a zoo down there with chickens and ducks and even a huge rabbit on the back porch in a crate.  Country girl to the core.  

Two days on my feet have pretty much negated that restful weekend but it was good while it lasted.  Hopefully I'll catch up over the Memorial day break which happened upon me quite serendipitously thanks to Sue and Kim.  I'll pay the piper later but it's worth it.  It's been a year since my last vacay to the beach and things don't look too good for time off in the near future.  

I'm sickened over the most recent suicide bombing in England that targeted kids.  This is the kind of thing that makes me vow never to fly commercial OR attend an event at a huge venue.  The idiots are everywhere just plotting damage for the glory of Allah.  Heh.  And people thought us old hippies were radical.  

While waiting for Bloodline and OITNB I've started over with Weeds and just loving seeing young Strange Botwin again.  Little boxes on the hillside little boxes made of ticky tacky!  I've pretty much checked in with everybody important so it's time to play with the redneck water hose.  

Love ya.  Mean it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment