Thursday, February 2, 2017

stranger things

It is, indeed, a strange series and one that has me hooked.  It's a really nice diversion from all the Trump hoorah.  I just called Senator Bob Corker's office to give my opinion on tomorrow's DeVos vote...just like a lot of other folks have.  We'll see if he listens to his constiuents.  Of the two, he is more likely to have a tiny bit of sense.  I don't bother with Lamar anymore since he's blown me off time and again on important matters.  The cast is constantly changing and I was horrified to read that the orange one actually took the National Day of Prayer to send one up for The Apprentice.  Gawd.  How narcissistic.  He's managed to piss off not only Mexico but Australia so far and hasn't even gotten started good.  Threatening folks is not good diplomacy.  

I had a nice conversation with the lady at Walgreens, pimper of Big Pharm, about how cannabis should be legal.  Our governor is considering a 7cent increase in the gas tax.  Imagine how much money could be made if cannabis was sold legally and taxed.  But, I digress.  We are smack in the middle of the bible belt. 

I am heartbroken over the situation at Standing Rock for many reasons, not the least of which is that the energy companies involved were heavy contributors to Trump's campaign.   Funny money, if you will.  These peaceful protestors   have been treated like crap just like the Occupy bunch was only the conditions in ND are a whole lot worse than they were in New York.  It could happen to you, no matter where you are. 

My friend Sondra is the world's biggest Garth fan and is headed to see him live tonight at FedEx.  She's supposed to send me a picture.  I haven't been to a concert in forever because it just seems like too much trouble to fight the crowds.  I might make an exception for JT even though I've seen him numerous times, including once in the pouring rain at Mud Island.  

The house is a wreck as usual.  I just can't find it in me to clean after working all day.  It takes a two day off stretch to get anything done around here even though it's just me and the critters.  Maybe this weekend......

Just say no, and say it loud ~




1 comment:

  1. Hello PJ. I haven't talked with you in many moons. Had no idea you were on the losing side in this recent election. I wasn't and was glad to finally see a candidate making promises that seems to be keeping them. What if those that didn't want Obama to win had acted the way some are doing now? He's already on his way to building that wall and it looks like he might be able to build it out of all the gold bricks so many are shitting at the time. Have you seen what the Muslims have done with Dearborn, Michigan? They came together there and formed Christian hating enclaves that even local police are afraid to enter. Yes! that's what we need, more immigrant Muslims.

    ReplyDelete