Friday, December 23, 2016

what day is it anyway?

This week has been a blur of activity most of which has been putting out fires so to speak.  It reminds me of the time when my life was like that 24/7 and I still have trouble relaxing at times waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I'm not into the Christmas season at all even though I'm a big believer in the reason for the season.  Like with every other aspect of my life, I've had good intentions and gotten very little done production wise.  Lord knows I try!

The sawmill wasn't that bad today because everybody's winding down.  The usual droves were absent with stragglers here and there most likely wishing they were anywhere but at a hospital.  I saw quite a few folks loading up Santa in their trunks where it had been hidden at work and was being transferred to home.  Daddy used to hide ours at his office in the Baird Brewer building.  

I'm already dreaming of a return to Okaloosa Island in September after Atticus Deak gets into the world and his mom is ready for some beach.  This time BG will road trip with us.  That's a long time away and Lord knows what will be going on by then, but a girl's gotta' have something to look forward to.  

My priorities for the new year are simple.  Get a new ( to me ) more reliable car.   I really think that would release me from the feeling of being trapped and limited in decision making.  To all of you who have helped this year with transportation to and from for visits to Jackson, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It's only 45 minutes away but seems like a hundred with the state of my car.  

I want to get serious with the farm history now that the dust has settled with finishing up the estate.  I'm planning on a small garden, Lord willing.  I'd like to get my office set up as a comfy place to visit, not just hang out and listen to YouTube.  In a perfect world there would be a Bose radio and a love seat.  And of course, Sugardaddy.

Let's manifest all this and more for 2017 how about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment