Sunday, April 16, 2017

in waves

What started as a little bit of sadness yesterday turned into a full fledged grief storm this morning and the waves keep crashing over me every hour or so.  I'm not real sure what it's all about but it's probably related to that rainbow the other evening.  I read my horoscope a lot of days and yesterday it mentioned not writing off a relationship from the past.  Someone could reappear.  

I'll be damned if that someone didn't turn out to be Mackie knocking on the front door following a day on the golf course with his buddy.  He almost died a few months ago from diabetes and heart blockages so it was kind of like seeing a ghost!  We talked about where we left off and how, and made peace with it.  It was good to catch up.

The flowering cross at the corner of Main and McGaughey was already kind of droopy when I headed home due to temps in the 80s.  It was a solid stand of magnolia leaves when I passed by in the dark this morning.  Now it's covered in blooms.  What a beautiful tradition.  My mother told me tales of sunrise services in that church with little old ladies including my great grandmother bringing their birds in to sing as the morning broke.  Ethel had canaries and a parakeet perhaps.  They lived in cages in her dining room on Pate street which I can still picture in my mind.  

Mamye is on the way over since I'm in crisis and plus she needs to get out of the house.  It's a win-win.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy one which the tiny garden will enjoy.  I've yet to tackle those weeds with vinegar but I'll get around it.  Then some more compost.  Keep that nitrogen going, dontcha' know.

Bless are the poor in spirit ~


No comments:

Post a Comment