Monday, June 27, 2016

weather and whatnot

It's monsoon day once again and the entire western part of Tennessee us covered with it.  If the NEW modem gets fried I'll just take it as a sign that I'm not supposed to have one.  The storms were not forecast to start until about now but there was a pile of rain ahead of the thunder and lightning and green looking sky.  My bigass window is the perfect place to see the show from this hill.  Even the corn can't block out the sky!!

I am already so separated from today that I didn't have a clue who the guy was who just called me from a Memphis number.  It was the dude who works on our pneumatic tube system and I had left him a message but we figured the whole thing out the hard way by the time he got free.  Learning curve, no doubt.  I got soaked walking to my car and then froze on the way home but I'm off tomorrow so I'll take it.  

I keep looking for last summer's snake to float down the driveway yet totems come around in different forms.  Last night at dusk I was sitting on the porch in my free company chair and noticed a flash of bright red settling in the flower bed beside me.  "Hey daddy!" I said.  He comes to me that way often and I never fail to recognize it.  The man loved his birds and always had houses for every local species.  He was particularly fond of purple martins.

I don't know, nor do I care, how the whole Brexit thing is going to work out.  We have our own fish to fry here and things need a bit of attention.  I did notice our company stock dropped out but so did everything else including the pound.  As Doris would say "It's just a big old gol' darn mess."So this is the part where we become willing to turn out lives over to a higher power.  Doesn't matter who or what it is as long as we understand it's not our circus except for showing up and making wise decisions.   That includes a whole lot of self care.

Let go ~




No comments:

Post a Comment