Thursday, June 22, 2017

rain rain go away

Everybody is getting their fair share of it and I watched the radar this morning planning our trip to Jackson between downpours, or so I thought.  It was smooth sailing all the way there and I stopped in Friendship on the way back to see my old buddy Jim at his equipment place.  Me and the dog shared a chair while we got caught up on things and visited.  His wife works there too so I got to chat with her as well.  Win-win!  

As I headed to the car the heavens opened up and the bottom fell out. I feel much safer in all road conditions now that I have new tires.  It's only by the grace of God I didn't have something bad happen prior to that what with all the road trips this past year.  Thankfully I have good friends who have helped with rides.  

Lauren can feel Reaves moving but I can't yet.  Neither of us slept much because we both snore ( and I didn't know that I do) but it was good to share a bed with the dogs anyway.  I have refrained from saying much about my sick friend out of respect for her privacy.  She has turned the corner and is awake and recognizes folks which is a miracle.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for her recovery from meningitis.  Scary.Stuff.  There were four girls in that family and I became an honorary sister many years ago at the pool.  I'm sure there was probably a baptism or something!

Time to wander~


No comments:

Post a Comment