Thursday, March 31, 2016

let there be light

It's a balmy spring morning with thunderstorms percolating around Casa Poops.  Hopefully light guy will come and bring some much needed illumination to my piles.  I'm not sure how that will work in the office and dining room because there are no wall switches.  We shall see, I suppose.  The sun peeked out when I was coming home from the 'gentral for my daily outing.  And I forgot laundry detergent, by the way.  Hey...have Dawn, will wash.  I got four flash flood warnings on the phone during the night and I'm mighty glad I didn't have to drive through water this morning.  It's the little things.  The wind blew over my industrial garbage can out on the road so I'll have to find some man to help me lift it before they show up tomorrow.

The sale is set for the first weekend in May.  It's been five months since it was vacated by mom following a six week period alone there preparing to let go.  I remember the day we took her to assisted living and cousin Mo was there to save the day while Bubba and I sobbed.  Literally, there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then.  Like the grief experts say "It's a process."  I don't really see a destination in the journey, just daily memories and happy stuff mostly.  Each day brings another opportunity to learn something new about myself and I intend to keep growing as long as I can.  Gotta' figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up.

I self medicated with Clindamycin so the tooth isn't hurting right now but it will be back I'm sure so I need to find a dentist.  Always one to do regular visits, I haven't been in four years since I got a bridge because.....$$.  Even with insurance, it's untouchable many times.  I have 40 dollar co-pays  for each doctor visit which is not bad, but not something you just do on a whim.  It's pap smear time so that's on the books along with a mammo.  I am at high risk for cervical cancer so that must be watched at least yearly.  There was a time when I was up in that office every three months which was NOT fun.  One LEAP and many paps later, it finally turned normal.

The asparagus is beginning to peek back out after getting mauled by the mower.  At least the weeds are gone!  I'm enjoying the quiet of this day without the whine of centrifuges and dropping of pneumatic tubes. The only sound is of keyboard tapping and wind blowing outside open windows.  Oh, and birds.  This place, as much as I've bitched and moaned about the house and its' condition, is my sanity.  You could not buy a better view than the one I have except maybe over behind the dairy barn.  That's the proposed resting spot for the red log cabin.  Again, we shall see.

Serenity ~




No comments:

Post a Comment