Tuesday, September 9, 2014

closure

The buzz around West Tennessee is that the body of Holly Bobo has more than likely been located after a multi-year search which has resulted in the arrest of 4 people so far. That was BEFORE they found the body, by the way. Communities around here are very tight knit and there has been a grass roots effort to find out what happened that day when she was forcibly drug away from her home. It does not bring her back but does serve somehow as a reminder that if you don't give up justice will happen. I could say the same about the efforts to uncover the killer of a woman here named Karen Swift but that doesn't seem to be happening. Ditto for the guy who was found by the river. I have a healthy respect for law enforcement while also realizing that it can be rife with small town politics.

So it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to. Sitting here looking at all the personal birthday wishes on FB is humbling in and of itself. Add to that the fact that I'm currently working on my mother's "case" because her insurance benefits for the home run out next week and you have a hot mess of Poopie. Even with all my contacts, it can be frustrating to say the least. My parents are fortunate to have what they have but it can go in a heartbeat when providing care at two different places. As "they" say, it's complicated. I've only cruised the news so far but it sounds like Citizens United will get another look. Praise sweet baby jeebus! One of my conservative friends promised no trolling my demolibtard posts on my birthday which I thought was pretty special. It's the little things, ya' know?

Me and the dogs watched the super harvest moon move across the sky last night and it was spectacular to see as the shadows moved through lace curtains. The corn shelling has commenced so there's that to breathe for another month before I can get off benadryl. Singulair is a must have all year round because of the fur babies and hundred year old house. And then there's Queen Lily, the damned bitch of a cat who gets in a mood and drops a pile just for spite. On towels!!! Kitteh' is gonna' find her ass outside if she doesn't play nice.

One of the things that I had planned to do while off was work on continuing education which I must have to keep my state license. Many states don't require certification for lab folks choosing to hire based on ASCP certification. I pay $50 a year for the privilege of working....well, more if you count the gas! As I sit here I'm doing chair yoga and stretching trying to get that "trapped" nerve in my neck loose. MFR in the coming days should help. That bitch feels like she's in a mood again.

Love ya....mean it ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment