Sunday, November 24, 2013

too cold to ramble

I've done my duty the past two weeks serving patients in a variety of different "venues" if you will and I must say it beats the hell out of being bored from doing the same things day after day. I'm what could be called a butterfly worker because if I put my butt down it's for several minutes but usually I'm circling the benches, answering phones and otherwise doing whatever needs to be done. I've been a reliable workhorse from day one and worked through some ungodly nights on call before we finally got night shifts fifteen years later.

One of the things that strikes me about the interactions between departments is how different the directors are both in personality and purpose. I can most relate to the ER gal who loves her dogs like I do. She's pleasant, non-nonsene and to the point which is the mark of a good leader. Things are slow because of the holiday except for ER which is always packed on weekends and holidays. That's when they kill us!! One of several important improvements was the installation of a tube system so that nursing and lab can work together to decrease turnaround time. In delivery of patient care there's not much room for not getting along with co-workers because in the end? It's the patient who suffers.

I've never been a big fan of Jackass type comedy but Bad Grandpa is hilarious and much more interesting than a bunch of guys jumping into a snake pit or something. Knoxville was perfect in the role on a mission with his sidekick grandson. I've tried watching the Millers three times and never got all the way through so this is the project at hand. Well, that plus warming up. I'm steady looking for things to hang over the bare windows to keep the little bit of heat in 'til Butch can get here. Let's just all say kumbaya that I have enough $$ to get him back on my good side.

I don't know about ya'll but I'm tickled to death over the past week frankly. First the nuclear option and now the ultimate peaceful decision. And hey...to whoever you are in Syria executing freakin' INNOCENT CHILDREN stopitstopitstopit. That does not make you a holy warrior..just a baby killer. They did nothing wrong at all besides being born at the wrong place at the wrong time. Something's gotta give there and I'm thinking that since Iran has cooled off maybe they will temper you little pit of evil. A little target practice maybe?? Every time I see a picture of that British wife I just want to throw up.

It's 51 here in the office and dining room so there won't be much time spent here. I can always move to the bedroom and shut the door. Except that the dogs want in and out every time they hear a squirrel or coyote. Which is a lot in the winter!

stay warm and keep the faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment